Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Punktribe faerienight

My best friend in the entire world flew in from Colorodo and I broke my hermitage to visit her yesterday. She and I hopped into the car and had a mini-road trip to see our friend Dunes in Cleveland, who had also flown into town from California. This is the first time we have been able to hang out together in several years.

It was lovely. I got huggles and snuggles from Kajira, and I got big squeezing hugs from Dunes. We scarfed down delicious melts, which were like giant grilled cheese sandwichs with peroges and sourkraut inside of it. Yummyyummyyummy. Then we headed out for a night on the town, making a beeline towards a small hole in the wall punkrock bar. Great ferocious music, dark and twisted apocalypse paintings on the walls and ceiling, graffetti every where, supercheap mixed drinks, all sorts of crazy people.

It was an amazing night. Those two constantly take my breath away, they truly do. Dunes with his gypsy soul, the words painted on all of his clothes, his green hair, the three piercings in his nose, the necklaces draped around his neck, each amulent holding a different meaning. Kajira with her pigtails and her elegant grace and her spikes and the rainbow tattooed so vividly around her arm, the way that she smells so amazing whenever I hug her. I fully believe that she isn't human, that she has faerie blood running through her veins because she is the most magical person I know. They both are.

We met some interesting characters who came up and bought us shots, an old black man who gaves us hugs and bought us drinks and showed us pictures of his beautiful children and showed us his pride for them, he gave us hugs and kissed the cheeks of all three of us, left beaming and we laughed with delight at sharing in a stranger's joy.

We talked and we sang and we drank. Unfortunately, I drank way too much. Three rum and cokes and the shots of whiskey and the Long Island Iced Tea. When we got home, we drank a bit of wine and then I promply got ill. They took care of me, laughing and hugging me and holding back my hair, pretending I was their child and giggling when I made them promise to never let me drink "Lawn Islanders" ever again. For the first time ever, I have a bit of gaps in my memory, and that is a bizarre feeling.

But there was so much laughter and at one point, I apparently burst into tears over the past and they huggled and cuddled me until I was better. We all crawled into bed and passed out, snuggled into a puppy pile and I fell asleep with my fingers twined with Kajira's.

It was a magical night. I haven't felt that magic in a long time, feeling infinite and filled with joy and dazzling the world with starlight. It was good to feel it again, but now that it is gone, I feel the come-down. Kajira left for Colorodo again, and Dunes will be heading back to California soon. And I am left here, and I am afraid that the shadows will get too strong for me. I miss them, I miss them both, I miss being around soulmates and no judgments, soul-searching conversations that open the heart and make you fly.

They are my tribe.

It was an amazing night. I wish I had more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment