Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am thankful for...

Things I am Thankful For:

1) My amazing family. I have a wonderful mother who is creative and teaches me to never give up. I have a sister whose strength amazes me. I have two little kidlings who have a huge chuck of my heart, a niece and nephew who are my world. I have a stepfather who delights in going on random adventures with me. And there are three cuddly kitties who are filled with mischief and purrs and are always willing to give hugs.

2) I am grateful for my Angelboy. He is such a beautiful human being, inside and out. He teaches me how to be a better person, he never lets a single day go by without reminding me that I am beautiful and magical and amazing. Before him, I was wild and crazy and I jumped from lover to lover without a care in the world. Now, I feel grounded and secure. Even when I don't have faith in myself, he believes enough for the both of us.

3) I am grateful for books. Words and images and the feeling of paper against fingertips, the books that have shaped my heart and the books that I have yet to read, the ones that are calling out to my soul. And there are the books that I have yet to write, that are lurking somewhere within this heart. Nothing calms me down like curling up with a book, which is probably why I do it every day.

4) Yummy vegetarian Thanksgiving feast. My madre is the bestest. People ask how I have been a vegetarian for almost ten years, whether it was difficult or not. It wasn't. My mother is an amazing cook, she always supported my decision, and she has taught me how to make the most delicious of recipes. One day, I hope to be as talented as she is. As it is, my tummy STILL feels full from Thanksgiving! ^_^

5) Self-expression. Having the ability to be the weird girlthing that I am, dressing in rainbows and fishnets, piercings and silly braids, or corporate clothes mixed up with my spikes, knitted gloves and my impressively growing collection of hats. I love the freedom to be whatever I want, whenever I want. I can be a faerie one day or an Indian the next - I can give voice to all of the sides of myself. It is truly a blessing.

6) Margaritas. Especially the ones that Angelboy makes. Yumyumyuuuum!

7) Crime Show maratons - Oh, SVU and CSI, you make my days complete. :)

8) Hooping! Even when I get bogged down in the busyness of life, you are always waiting for me. And every time I pick you up and spin you around, I get the biggest smile and I feel like I am a circusgirl extraordinaire, ready to take on the world without even needing a net!

9) Warm baths. Long soaks with the scent of lavendar and a glass of wine and a good book. This has been my main self-spoiling indulgance over the past few weeks.

10) Yoga! I forgot how amazing you were. And how much more balanced I feel after completing you.

11) Rajahmonster. Although I mentioned the kitties in my family, he deserves his own special slot. Because he is mine and I adore him and he is spoiled rotton. Today alone, I think he has cuddled with me for about five hours, while I watched television or read. Seriously, the most adorable monster kitty ever. I can never be angry with him. <3

12) My business. So far, it has been working out very well. I don't regret quitting my job for an instant, and I feel so much more satisfied in general. So much more content. Proof that following your heart and trusting in yourself will not lead you astray... Now I just need to keep up the momentum and keep the ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment