Monday, August 23, 2010

Book of Shadows

My mother went out and bought me a new laptop over the weekend, a birthday present that serves the dual purpose of getting me off of her business computer, which I have been using for the past few months to satisfy my addictions to silly games and to stalk Craftster).

It is beautiful, a dark black-red that makes my heart happy. And I am ready to (re)start a big project - working on my Book of Shadows. Several times during the past few years, I have attempted to gather all of my beliefs, favorite artwork, poems, etc., into one primary source. The plan has always been to keep an electronic copy, print out a few pages at a time and gather them into a three-ring binder, and eventually copy down by hand into a more elegant bound book.

Needless to say, my attempts at an electronic version have not gone very well. Over the past year and a half, three BoS versions have been mysteriously deleted or lost with computer crashes/deaths. And I have found that having a central collection of information greatly helps my ability to learn, process, and grow. As I am still very new to discovering my pagan path, this book is very important to me, giving me a place to explore and edit and change as my discoveries reveal new revelations.

It is a bit frustration to start back at square one (again!), but the excitement is far outweighing any frustration at this point. I have been looking forward to this for about six months now, and it is time to start gathering up all of the little scraps of paper that I tried to use to jot down little notes, time to organize things again and give my witchy wonderings a place to rest.

*happy starchild wiggledances*

No comments:

Post a Comment