Thursday, September 23, 2010

Grateful

Fall always makes me feel sad, easily disrupting the emotional balance I have worked hard to forge together this summer. Winter always makes me sad, always brings on panic attacks and overdramatic fears that I will not last to see Spring.

Sooo, in an attempt to thwart such silly gremlins, I am going to make a gratitude list! Here are some things that I am grateful for this week!


Things I am Grateful For:

1. It has been a week and a half since I have smoked a cigarette! And after that single bad day last week, I haven't craved another one!

2. To reward myself for a week of no smoking, I bought a pair of 0g tribal spiral horn earrings. They arrived on my doorstep last night. Can you say BEAUTIFUL! It is soooo hard to find decently priced tribal earrings for 0g.... I will post pictures of them soon. :)

3. My friend Kanyon was in a really bad accident a few days ago. He got thrown from a rollercoaster and fractured his spine in three places. But he isn't dead, he isn't paralyzed, and we have been talking a lot, especially today. I am grateful for his life, grateful that he will make a full recovery, and grateful for his friendship.

4. I am going to make some practice poi this weekend! Kanyon invited me to the circus practices that are held every week in Ann Arbor, filled with beautiful people who learn hooping and poi and fire fans and rope dart, contortionism and contact juggling and all sorts of amazing things. Kanyon also offered to give me private lessons. He is an amazing performer, absolutely stunning. I am honored that he would help me out!

5. I get a three day weekend with my Angelboy! Whootwhoot! We are going to be doing a lot of crafting, cuz I have to send out some ATCs. Then my family is going to the National Daschund races that are held in our city every year (my niece and nephew go ga-ga over this - especially now that they have a daschund of their own!). So this weekend is going to be nice and relaxing and filled with the best of people!

6. I have been busy lately learning tarot! Or attempting, at least. I am pretty good at guessing the meanings of the Minor Arcana, but a lot of the Minor ones are a bit beyond me. But hey, I am learning and working with it every day, and it has been making me really happy!


Whew. See, silly gremlins? I have a lot to smile about and a lot to be thankful for! I would write more, but I probably should actually get some work done today. ;)

What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who does poi and I so want to try it now! Are you making the sock ones?

    Sounds like you had a good equinox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very good equinox! :)

    I didn't end up making sock ones, cuz I just wanted to make some with the supplies I had on hand. I used tennis balls and old Halloween tights. Super easy! And I would highly recommend making some! It is a LOT of fun (except for hitting yourself in a head alot), and Youtube has a lot of video lessons!

    Hope you had a great equinox as well!

    ReplyDelete