Monday, June 14, 2010

"Darling Faerygirl..."

Today, I got a surprise in the mail, a postcard from one of my best friends Kajira who lives out in Denver. We haven't been as connected lately, which I blame on myself. I have been wrapped up in my own world, my own haze, that I have badly neglected the friendships that I am so grateful for.

I opened my mailbox today to find an amazingly beautiful faerietale postcard, a painting of Snow White surrounded by the seven dwarves, her long black hair falling in a river over purple pillows, her prince kneeling beside her to peer at her face through the glass. The forest and the animals shimmer a bit, and it is the most amazing image I have seen in a long time.

And on the back, was this message:

"Darling Faerygirl,

I miss you so. Are you still sleeping, child? Wake up and realize that you hold all the gems, all the cards and luck tokens you need to set your path forward. We don't speak much but I know you are not fully blossomed yet. You stay reserved. Wake up, Sleeping Beauty. Consider this your magik kiss from your prince. You hold your own power. Let your light shine. Arise. Arise. Be your own guide. I love you. - Kajira."

It brought tears to my eyes, made my heart swell with love and gratitude and joy. This girl is amazing. She has helped me through so many things these past years. Taught me how to grow, how to explore myself, how to dream and live with no shame. And even with these past few months of silence and whispers, she refuses to give up on me.

She reminds me that the magick is still in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment